The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Friday, May 04, 2007

The Mavs Go Down.

- As I said in my playoff preview don't be surprised if the Warriors beat the Mavs, so I am not that surprised they knocked them off last night (though if I had any guts I would have picked the Warriors in the series). What shocked me is how easily they did it. I never doubted that Dallas would lose last night to the point that I didn't even bother staying up to watch the game. But losing 111-86 in an elimination game on the road when you won 67 regular season games? The Mavs should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. Dirk Nowitzki was just pathetic, scoring only 8 points. It is completely absurd that he is going to win the MVP award this year. This guy completely choked in the Finals last year against the Heat and was an utter no show in the single biggest game of his career last night.

- The Blue Jays bullpen coughed up another late lead last night. With B.J. Ryan out as long as he is going to be the Jays will be hard pressed to win 85 games this year let alone win a division I thought they had a shot at.

- Scott Neidermayer (how much do the Devils miss him right now) ended the Canucks season in double OT last night, which shouldn't be a big surprise. The Canucks were an average team with an outstanding goalie. But they have to move Captain Markus Naslund in the off season. He is an absolute dog and can't be brought back after yet another pitiful playoff performance.

- Another reason I hate Daniel Alfreddson - He has a dog named Bono.

- I would have liked to see Mayweather-De La Hoya a few years ago when Oscar was still in his prime. This will still be an entertaining fight but Mayweather is going to destroy him.

2 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, May 04, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any chance you'd like to change your prediction on the Devils-Sens series? Or do you think Jersey will come back?

 
At 5:42 PM, May 04, 2007, Blogger Skeelo said...

I can't make changes mid series because that woudln't be a prediction so I stick with the Devils. But I don't think they have a chance in hell of winning three straight games. Their defense looks really bad right now, and Brodeur looks pretty warn out having to play behind out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home