The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

ARod's Getting Stupid Now.

- ARod hit 2 more homers last night, which means he is just ridiculous right now. 14 HR's and 34 RBI's in April with 7 games to play. I don't think 60 for the year is out of the question. Yet the Yanks still lost last night because of brutal pitching. They have finally smartened up and decided to promote sure thing Phil Hughes to startagainst the Jays Thursday.

- As I said last week, the Sens are no farther this year than they were last year before getting waxed by Buffalo. We'll see how much better they are now that they have to play the Devils in round 2. My guess is not that much. My 2nd round preview will be here tomorrow.

- I wish Scott Mellanby a happy retirement. He was a great leader and got everything he could out of his talent. And he's an Etobicoke kid so you know he's all right with me.

- I very much like the premise of the new documentary Manufacturing Dissent, but that doesn't necessarily mean I will see it. I'm just not that interested in seeing Michael Moore anymore.

- More proof Stephane Dion doesn't really get it - Transferring Taliban prisoners to Canada.

2 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, April 24, 2007, Blogger David said...

Agreed, sitting through two hours of Michael Moore's ugly mug while he does the Truffle Shuffle on stage is a bit much to handle.

 
At 3:48 PM, April 24, 2007, Blogger Skeelo said...

That's f***ing great. Thanks for that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home