The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Sunday Night Baseball

- The announcer I would rather hear call a game in his sport more than any other is Johnny Miller calling Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN. I always have a smile on my face when he is calling a game. Even though it started to snow last night in Ottawa, I couldn't be happier listening to Johnny and Joe Morgan call the Dodgers-Padres game. Last night was even better than usual because they had Jackie Robinson's widow, Rachel, in the booth with them and then Hank Aaron. Listening to Rachel tell stories about her time in Brooklyn with Jackie was great but the highlight was when she gave Padres pitcher Chris Young shit for walking Dodgers pitcher Randy Wolf with runners on second and third. The woman knows her baseball.

- The NBA playoffs have become a lot more interesting with the Nuggets finally coming together. I don't think they can win more than one series because they are too inconsistent but they have enough fire power to beat at least one god team if they get hot. And that's why it's interesting. The Spurs can't beat the Mavs, the Mavs can't beat the Suns, and the Suns can't beat the Spurs. But the Spurs and Suns are likely to meet in the second round, unless the Nuggets, who are not a great matchup for the Spurs because of their speed in the backcourt, knock of the Spurs.

- I wish the Queen Mum were still alive to see Prince William potentially bringing home Britney Spears. That would have been priceless (for the record I am convinced to this day the Queen Mum had Princess Di killed for dating an Arab). Somehow I can't see Kelly Osborne making the cut with Will. The gay civil union is a better bet than that.

- Did I mention it is snowing in Ottawa today? I'm officially more than sick if this nonsense. There is no way in hell I am spending my entire adult life in this climate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home