The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Monday, April 23, 2007

A Perfect Sunday Afternoon.



Ms. Skeelo and I enjoyed our first Ottawa Lynx game of the season yesterday on a beautiful sunny afternoon. The home team won a well played 4-3 game over the Scranton Yankees. Those readers in Ottawa should make every attempt to go to a few games this year because it really is great entertainment. A day in the sunshine, 2 tickets 5 rows behind the third base dugout, 2 dogs, 2 drinks, and 2 ice cream sandwiches for $50 is tough to beat. And nowhere does a cold beer taste better than at a ball game.

- After I got home from the game I proceeded to have a great Sunday afternoon nap which meant I had the stamina to catch the Red Sox complete the sweep of the Yanks by hitting four consecutive HR's off rookie Chase Wright.

- I have been happy with the first three episodes of this season of Trailer Park Boys. I was worried about a lack of creativity after the movie last summer. Then again, when you are only doing 6-8 new episodes a year it shouldn't be that hard to come up with storylines.

- The new season of Billable Hours debuted last night on Showcase at 9:30 pm and was hilarious. Most Canadian shows admittedly suck but this one is very funny. Showcase is replaying last night's episode Tuesday night at 9 pm and you should give it a shot, if you don't like it fine.

- I know Game 1's don't really mean anything but I would love to see the Warriors keep it up and knock off the Mavs. As I suggested the other day Baron Davis may be too much for the Mavs.

8 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, April 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess my mavs in 4 prediction is shot to hell.

 
At 4:36 PM, April 23, 2007, Blogger David said...

Thanks for the Lynx recap, Skeelo - sounds like an awesome afternoon. I'm hoping to find my way to a game in May.

 
At 4:41 PM, April 23, 2007, Blogger Skeelo said...

Joe - The Mavs and Spurs are still going to win. Though if I had to put money down on one of them losing it would actually be the Spurs. The Nuggets are friggin' scary right now.

David - Let me know when your in town. I'd be happy to join you for a game.

 
At 9:43 AM, April 24, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds better than our sojourn to Lynx Stadium a few years ago Dave, when we sat with about 20 others in the freezing cold.

Is this the last year?

 
At 10:12 AM, April 24, 2007, Blogger Skeelo said...

This is indeed the last year. Double AA and under big league teams don't care if the teams turn a profit but Triple AAA has to pay their own way and you can't do that with 2,000 people a game.

 
At 1:55 PM, April 24, 2007, Blogger David said...

Thanks, Skeelo, will do.

The Lynx moving is a heartbreaking loss for the city.

 
At 3:09 PM, April 24, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always wondered why the Jays never snapped them up when MTL gave them up?

Any chance Ottawa will pursue a AA team to use the stadium? Or will be left for the wrecking ball?

 
At 3:46 PM, April 24, 2007, Blogger Skeelo said...

It is a loss for the city but sadly, I think few will notice.

There is no Double AA league that is close enough to Ottawa. The road trips on the bus makes it unworkable. I really don't know what they will do with the stadium now. It's a pretty decent venue for outdoor concerts but Ottawa doesn't get enough of those. They can convert it to a soccer field but I can't see Ottawa supporting pro soccer. I think it's going to be a Home Depot in a few years or some other box store which will truly bring a tear to my eye.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home