The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Go Warriors Go!

- As I said in my NBA playoff preview, the Golden State Warriors are going to give the Dallas Mavericks all they can handle. With their win last night they moved ahead 2-1 in the series and the way Dallas has reverted to it's shitty defense of old, I would not be the least bit surprised if the Warriors win this series. Baron Davis is absolutely kicking the Mavs ass.

- I will be in Toronto on business until Thursday so posts may be infrequent. But I did get myself a ticket to Game 5 of the Raps-Nets series Tuesday night. If you see someone on the court trying to mug Vince Carter, it may just be me.

- The Red Sox crushed the Yanks again last night. I realize it is only April but with the schedule the way it is now, playing so many interdivisional games, the Yanks can't afford to lose two of three this weekend to Boston. They need to start winning soon or they will be done by the end of May.

- Happy birthday to a couple of hotties today - Jessica Alba turns 26, therefore making her eligible for Pursuit of Leisure Hottie status, and Penelope Cruz turns 33.

- Jay Leno also turns 57 today. I have seen Leno and The Tonight Show live three times and have to say they guy is hilarious. Not on the show but when he is ad libbing and warming up the crowd before hand.

- I would wish John Daly a Happy 41st Birthday but I don't want to. I'm not falling for his down home everyman routine. The guy is a loser and the biggest waste of talent in the history of the PGA Tour. He has more natural talent than anybody, including Phil and Tiger. With his distance, unbelievable hands and short game, and putting stroke he should have 10 majors and 35 wins by now. Instead he's promoting Hooters in a trailer 1.5 miles away from Augusta during The Masters.

2 Comments:

At 6:15 PM, April 30, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe the Mavs are almost done. 67 wins and then out? Proof that Dirk's no MVP!

The best John Daly story comes from my wife, Greyhawk's former Tournament Director, who was asked prior to the Phoenix Open, that there be plenty of Bloody Mary's on hand for Mr. Daly. This from a recovering alcoholic!

 
At 7:02 PM, April 30, 2007, Blogger Skeelo said...

I figured the big reason the Warriors could beat the Mavs was because Warriors coach Don Nelson built the Mavs and knows exactly how to beat them. Nelly is a great coach and is probably the most underrated coach in NBA history. Everyone thinks he's just some mad scientist but he does more with the talent he has (oftren very little) than anyone I can think of.

As for Daly, I admit I would love to hang with him for a weekend in Vegas but the Type A in me has a hard time respecting a guy who has squandered so many opportunities. But golf is an individual sport so he is only hurting himself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home