The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

All Star Weekend In Vegas.

- The NBA has reached it's All Star Weekend and this year the game is being played in Las Vegas. Vegas is my favorite place on earth and Ms. Skeelo and I even got married there (at the MGM Grand, not by Elvis). But if I think of being there during NBA All Star weekend too long it may make my head explode. I am pretty sure that I would be dead within 6 hours of landing there if I were to go. It's going to be absolutely nuts there. I'm putting the over/under on NBA related shootings at 2.5 and Charles Barkley's over/under on losses in the pits at $1 million. The number of groupies will be incalculable.

- The Raptors head to the break with a 4.5 game lead in the Atlantic and the division is theirs to lose with only 29 games left and the Nets missing Richard Jefferson. Also helping the Raps is that they play in a division with teams like the 76ers and Celtics that will be tanking games on purpose to try to improve their chances in the Greg Oden/Kevin Durant lottery. The Raps should end the season with 47 wins and a winnable fist round match up.

- A lot of people were not too impressed with the Dallas Cowboys selection of Wade Phillips as their new coach. Who the hell did they think they were going to hire? Everyone knows Jerry Jones is a clown who could care less about the teams on field success. If Bill Parcells couldn't coach Terrell Owens nobody can. But at the very least Wade Phillips has a pretty hot daughter so that must count for something though I am not sure what.

- Speaking of T.O. he is moving dangerously close to Dennis Rodman territory. With his need for the spotlight I can't see him living much past 5 years once he is done in the NFL. He tops my list of current athletes "Most Likely To Be Found Dead In A $40 Hotel Room With A Pound of Coke And 2 Transsexuals Within 5 Years".

- I'm willing to bet money that Alex Rodriguez will win the AL MVP this year. I think he is looking to get out of New York and with his ability to opt out of his contract at the end of this year and get back on the free agent market he is going to have monster year and win MVP. With the money being thrown around this winter he can get a 7 or 8 year deal worth 19-20 million per with Scott Boras as his agent. And he is still the best shortstop in baseball despite the fact that the Yanks don't play him there. Any takers on that bet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home