The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Monday, February 05, 2007

Super Bowl Highlights.

Random notes on yesterday's big game:

- Congrats to the Colts for getting the Super Bowl monkey off their back by beating a distrubingly horseshit Chicago team yesterday. Nobody picked the Bears to win this thing and then the Bears went out and proved why. I've never seen a more lopsided 12 point game.

- Peyton Manning is now officially the best QB in football. The Super Bowl was the one thing missing to call him the best. I don't think he should have won MVP though, I would have given it to Joseph Addai.

- Tony Dungy is a class act all the way. He really deserved to win this after all he has been through in the last year and with the grace he and Lovie Smith showed all week answering the same inane questions over and over again.

- So much for the Bears vaunted D. They looked like a joke yesterday and the Colts could have easily hung 45 on them if they really thought they had to. Is there a more overrated defender than Brian Urlacher?

- The Colts knew they didn't have to hang 45 on the Bears because they knew how positively awful Rex Grossman is. Watching him fumble the ball repeatedly and throw those two god awful interceptions was absolutely the best part of the game for me. Somebody should compile a montage of all of Rex's mishaps, set it to Laurel & Hardy music and stick it on youtube.

- The second best highlight was watching QB's like Dan Marino and Steve Young trying to hide their disgust with just how bad Grossman played. It was as if they wanted to say "I can't believe this friggin stiff digraced my position like that". Priceless.

- I find it ironic that some Bears fans are bitching about the weather affecting the game. The bad weather should have favored the Bears. And the Bears beat the Saints two weeks before due to bad weather.

- There is no way Rex Grossman can start for the Bears next year. If I was a Bears fan I'd be starting the "Sign Jeff Garcia" campaign this morning.

2 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, February 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or did anyone else notice the complete absence of Marvin Harrison? He wasn't very good against the Pats either.

 
At 7:22 PM, February 05, 2007, Blogger David said...

I think Ken Hobart's available if Garcia doesn't sign.

My favourite Dungy quote is his response when asked at the end of the game about being the first African-American head coach to win:

"More than anything, I've said it before, Lovie Smith and I, not only the first two African-Americans, but Christian coaches, showing that you can win doing it the Lord's way. We're more proud of that."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home