The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Friday, January 19, 2007

NFL Playoff Predictions.

I went 2-2 last week getting both AFC games wrong. That leaves me at 6-2 for the playoffs. At least I'm guaranteed to finish over .500.

NFC Championship
New Orleans Saints at Chicago Bears. Sunday, 3pm

Nobody is picking the Bears in this game despite them being three games better than the Saints in the regular season. I'm not picking them either. Their defense has not played nearly as well in the past six weeks as it did at the start of the year and their offense is not great. I don't think they will be able to stop the Saints offense which Drew Brees is leading to perfection. I think Deuce McAllister is going to have a good day but I think Reggie Bush is going to have over 150 all purpose yards and dominate this game. He is a big game player and everytime he had a huge TV audience at USC he was huge. That's called rising to the occasion and he will do it agin Sunday.

Prediction: New Orleans 34, Chicago 17.

AFC Championship
New England Patriots at Indianapolis Colts. Sunday, 6:30pm

I'm tired of this game already and it hasn't even started yet. Neither one of these teams has played well in the playoffs nor are they as good as previous Pats-Colts teams. Which makes this game interesting. It's easy to say the Pats will win because their coach and Qb own Peyton Manning but that's too simple. This Pats defense is nowhere near as good as recent additions and their secondary is average at best. On the other side I think the Colts defense has played well in the playoffs but they were helped out by awful play calling by the Chiefs and Ravens. The Pats can still run the ball on them. At the end of the day though I think Peyton finally bags his white whale and beats the Pats. And I will have to put up with 2 weeks of Peyton Manning against his father's old team hype.

Prediction: Indiananpolis 27, New England 20.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home