The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Thursday, February 04, 2010

Super Bowl

I need to get this in quick since I am off to Vegas tonight for another epic weekend with Diamond Joe, TBone and a few others.

Indy Colts -3.5 over New Orleans Saints.

The great thing about this game is I reallly don't care who wins, I just want a great game. The Colts are a great team on the top of their game so I always like teams like that winning but how can you cheer against the Saints and the city of New Orleans. My money will be on the Colts but even if I lose it won't bug me that much.

The key for the Saints in this one is going to be forcing turnovers again the way they did against the Vikes. I don't see it. Peyton may throw one pick early while he is figuring out all the blitzes that the Saints will throw at him, but once he does NO won't stop him. I look for Dallas Clark to have a huge him and score two touchdowns.

On the other side of the ball I am not that worried about Dwight Freeney's injury. He won't be 100% but will be good enough to get some pressure on Drew Brees. The ankle injury he has is the type that hurts between plays but not during the play. Once he gets blood rushing to it he will be fine. He will need surgery on Monday, but will be fine Sunday. I think the Colts can slow down the Saints enough to win this one in a shootout.

Colts 31 Saints 27

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home