The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

More NFL Playoffs

I was 2-2 last week and greatly enjoyed watching the Pats get their asses handed to them by the Ravens. I like Brady but hate the rest of the team, especially their head coach.

NFC

Arizona Cardinals +7 at New Orleans Saints.

I emailed Diamond Joe earlier this week to say that the over/under on this game should be about 90 and I meant it. There will be absolutely no defense in this game. Or running game for that matter the way Warner and Brees are playing. It's really tempting to take the Cards but I have said all year I thought the Saints were going to the Super Bowl because the Superdome is going to be so tough to play in on the rad in the playoffs. I think the Saints get a couple more turnovers than the Cards and that's the difference.

Saints 49 Cards 41

Dallas Cowboys +2.5 at Minnesota Vikings

As much as I enjoyed watching the Pats get waxed last week I am going to enjoy watching Brett Favre have a terrible game and get waxed against Dallas. Which is saying something given how much I hate the Cowboys. The Vikes haven't beaten a good team in about 2 months (the Packers were playing piss poor the last time they played) and the Dallas D is relentless right now. The Vikes D can slow down Romo but not that much. I expect this to be a blowout and Favre to thrown at least three picks.

Dallas 31 Minnesota 13

AFC

Baltimore Ravens +6.5 at Indianapolis Colts

The Ravens are scary because of their running game and their defense but the problem is they are going to have to put the ball in Joe Flacco's hands and have him make plays in this game. The Colts are going to put up points because as good as the Ravens D is, the Colts offense is better and the Ravens are going to have to play from behind. And I don't think the Colts taking weeks 16 and 17 off will affect them to much. They may be sluggish for the first 7 or 8 minutes but it really won't matter in the end.

Indy 31 Baltimore 17

New York Jets +7 at San Diego Chargers

The only team that can beat the Colts is the Chargers. Will they get the chance? Given their propensity to blow big playoff games the past few years it is easy to think they may lose to the Jets. But I just don't see it. The Chargers are just flying right now and I don't see how Mark Sanchez can have do enough to win this game. The Jets are going to have to put some points on the board and that means Sanchez has to throw more than the 15 times he did against Cincy and that will be trouble, even against the Chargers terrible secondary. As much as I would like to see the Jets win and see them get destroyed in areal rematch against Indy it won't happen.

Chargers 24 Jets 10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home