The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Saturday, December 19, 2009

NFL Week 15

I had a strong 11-5 last week to get me back over .500 for the season. That's the good part. The bad part is that this time of year there are a lot of meaningless games that are always a bitch to pick.

Last Week: 11-5
Season: 105-103

SAINTS -7 over Cowboys The Saints are going 16-0. I know they have won a lot of tight games lately but this game reminds me of the Pats Monday nighter. It's a statement game against a team headed down not up and the crowd in the Superdome will be going absolutely bonkers. I think this is at least a 14 point win.

STEELERS -1 over Packers I was hot on the Pack to start the year and the burned me and then I was cold on them and they burned me. I still don't know if they are that good or that they played a bad schedule. As for Pittsburgh, I mean they have to win eventually. Don't they?

TITANS -3 over Dolphins I have been sweating this one all week and just decided 30 seconds ago to take Tennessee. Whatever Vince Young has going on right now is working and I like them on home turf.

Patriots -7 over BILLS Potential shitty weather in Buffalo doesn't hurt NE because they are going to run all day anyway. They also have to keep winning to keep the Jets and Miami off their heels.

Cards -11 over LIONS I expect a big day from Kurt Warner after Monday nights debacle.

49ers +9 over EAGLES I don't think SF is as bad as their record indicates because they have lost some tight games to good teams. I expect another tight loss here.

JETS -4 over Falcons I don't trust the Falcons in a cold weather environment with the Jets fighting for their playoff lives.

RAVENS -10 over Bears Chicago has rolled over and died the past few weeks and I expect Jay Cutler to throw at least three picks in this one.

CHIEFS -1 over Browns Unless you live in either city or are related to any of the players why in hell would you even consider flipping on this game?

Texans -10 over RAMS I stupidly picked the Rams last week and won't make that mistake again. Especially after an outbreak of swine flu hit them this week.

CHARGERS -7 over Bengals If anyone in the AFC is going to beat Indy it's the Chargers. They have owned them the past few years. As for this game I just think it's alot to ask the Bengals to win given there second tragedy of the season. It's such a shame. Chris Henry really seemed to be maturing and turning his life around.

Raiders +12.5 over BRONCOS Denver will win but Oakland always plays them pretty tough.

SEHAWKS -7 Bucs Another meaningless hard to pick game. That said the Bucs are truly hopeless.

Vikings -7 over PANTHERS Carolina is just a mess offensviely and the Vikes D should just eat them up.

Giants -3 over REDSKINS This should actually be a good game. The Skins are actually much improved the past few weeks and will be pumped with some new blood in the GM office and Mike Shanahan waiting in the wings. I just think the Giants are a bit better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home