The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

NFL Week 14

I am feeling like this week will be a breakout week and will get me back to .500. Even after the Steelers pathetic showing Thursday night.

One quick note. There is a lot of debate over whether Brett Favre or Drew Brees should be the league MVP. The simple answer is neither. How can anybody in their right mind not say Peyton Manning is the MVP. Favre has a strong pass rushing defense behind him as well as the best running back in football. Brees, who I would vote second, has speed everyhwere and a D that makes big stops when required. Manning is 12-0 with a below average defense, no running game and also breaking in new receivers. If any other QB is on the Colts this year they are at best 8-4. With Peyton leading them to come from behind win after come from behind win they are 12-0. And ask yourself this - Would Bill Belichick have gone for it on fourth down on his side of the field against Favre or Brees? Hell no.

Last Week: 7-9
Season: 94-98

COLTS -7.5 over Broncos I just don't fell good about this one at all for the Broncos. Not with the Colts being able to lock up home field with a win.

VIKINGS -6.5 over Bengals The Bengals have a real problem moving the ball and really have no big play guys. That is going to kill them in the playoffs because they can't play from behind. As you will find out this week.

Bills +1 over CHIEFS The Bills are at that stage in the season where they will start winning just enough to get a middle 1st round pick and piss off their fans.

Jets -3 over BUCS I'm tempted to pick Tampa but they are just too awful.

Packers -3 over BEARS I'm dying to see the Pack in Minny in the playoffs.

Saints -10 over FALCONS No Matt Ryan = No Chance for Atlanta.

RAVENS -13 over LIONS I want to pick the Lions but I can't. I'm 10-2 betting agaisnt them so I have to stick with it.

Dolphins +2 over JAGUARS I am utterly confounded by both these teams. For some reason I just think the Dolphins will be able to run like crazy in this one.

Panther +13 over PATRIOTS Crappy weather in Boston tomorrow so I don't see the Pats running away. Then again they beat the Titans 59-0 in the snow so what the fuck do I know.

TEXANS -6 over Seahawks This has more to do with the Seattle than it does Houston (see Bills, Buffalo above).

Rams +14 over TITANS With Vince Young questionable the Rams might keep it close.

RAIDERS PK over Redskins The Raiders have been sneaky decent at home and the Skins have been a sneaky cover underdog all year. Tough call.

Chargers +3 over COWBOYS The Chargers have won 15 straight in December and the Cowboys suck in December. Let the Wade Phillips firing countdown begin.

Eagles +1 over GIANTS I thin the Eagles know they can win the division and will come out big in this one.

Cards -3 over 49ERS 'Zona played with swagger on Sunday night and I think they will crush San Fran.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home