The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Saturday, November 07, 2009

NFL Week 9

Last week I said I was due to be below .500 for the first time and Jesus was I right. After an absolutely woeful 2-11 (I kid have asked a two year old to throw food at the lines in the paper and the kid would have done better) I am officially worked up for this week's picks and will come out jacked for the first quarter. Or something stupid like that.

Last Week: 2-11
Season: 59-57

JAGUARS -6.5 over Chiefs We are at that point in the season where matchups occur between two teams that know they are going nowhere. Those games are a bitch to pick. This is one of those games.

Ravens -3 over BENGALS I am half sold on the Bengals but I just think this will be a shit kicking. No way the Ravens lose twice to Cincy.

COLTS -9 over Texans I think Indy had a bit of a wake up call last week in struggling against the 49ers. 9 is a lot to give but they are at home so I'll give them.

FALCONS -10 over Redskins The Falcons can't catch the Saints to win the division but they can still grab the wildcard. Beating the Redskins this week is a good way to help that out.

Packers -10 over BUCS Aaron Rodgers is starting to get a rep as a guy who can only put up big games against bad competition. The Bucs certainly fit that bill.

Cards +3 over BEARS These two teams are the most baffling in the league. They have been killing me all year. I'll go with the Cards because they lost last week and against the Bears because they won big.

Dolphins +10.5 over PATRIOTS This Pats team is not the juggernaut of years past. I am still not convinced their D is any good and can stop the wildcat.

SAINTS -14 over Panthers The way the Saints are putting up points I am sticking with them until they lose. Especially against Jake Delhomme.

SEAHAWKS -10 over Lions I went against my pre-season logic of betting against the Lions every week and they lost to the hapless Rams. So screw you Lions, I am against you for the rest of the season. Even when you are getting 10 points to a bad team.

49ERS -5 over Titans Vince Young on the road against a tough young team that can still win it's division.

Chargers +3.5 over GIANTS I'm just surprised as you are that I am picking the Chargers. I think there is more to Eli Manning's foot injury then is being let on and the Giants were just horrible last week. The last three weeks actually.

EAGLES -3 Cowboys Exactly the type of game Donovan McNabb has won his whole career. And Tony Romo has lost.

BRONCOS +3 over Steelers It's ridiculous that the Broncos are the underdog at home in this game. Last week they lost to a desperate Ravens team. They will get back on track this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home