The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

NFL Week 6

A couple of days ago I mentioned how I actually like the fact that there are very good and very bad teams in the NFL. How many bad teams are there? Six weeks into the season there are five double-digit spreads and a 9.5 that should be 14.

To paraphrase a line from the NBA...The NFL. It's Craptastic!

I had another .500 week last week (3 in 5 weeks) so that likely means I am due for a 2-12 this week. And once again, anyone wagering actually money based on my picks deserves to lose it.

Last Week: 7-7
Season: 42-34

Chiefs +6.5 over REDSKINS This is how friggin' bad the 'Skins are - They play their 6th straight winless opponent (granted the Giants were 0-0 week 1) and I am picking them to lose outright at home. To the Chiefs!

Texans +6.5 over BENGALS This has more to do with the fact that I can't wrap my head around the Bengals being any good as it does that the up and down Texans lost last week.

STEELERS -13.5 over Browns Congratulations Cleveland! You won last week. You can now go back to getting waxed every week.

VIKINGS -3 over Ravens This is my nervous pick of the week. Usually I wouldn't pick the Ravens to lose three in a row but the Vikes are on a serious roll right now.

JAGUARS -10 over Rams The Rams are a 10 point 'dog to a 2-3 team. And I still can't pick them. This team may go down as worse than last years Lions. The Jags can probably score 14 points and cover this spread.

Giants +3 over SAINTS I am completely sold that the Saints defense is much better than last year but it still isn't great. The Giants also realize this game may very well determine home field in the playoffs.

BUCS +3 over Panthers Tampa will win eventually so it might as well be this week against the awful Panthers.

PACKERS -13.5 over Lions I am 3-2 betting against the Lions and I am pretty certain it will go to 4-2 this week with the Packers coming off a bye week at Lambeau.

Eagles -14 over RAIDERS The spread really could have been 20 here and I still would have taken Philly.

Cards +3 over SEAHAWKS Seattle is banged up and the Cards suckered me into thinking they turned a corner last week.

JETS -10 over Bills If the Bills replaced the real Dick Jauron on the sidelines with a cardboard cutout of Dick Jauron would anyone notice? It's not like it would affect the outcome of the game or anything.

PATRIOTS -9.5 over Titans Holy sweet mother of Jesus does this have blowout written all over it. The Titans head to Foxboro with a pass defense that is dead last in the league. If Tom Brady doesn't go off this week than he is officially never recovering from knee surgery. And Randy Moss might not even be able to sleep tonight from excitement.

FALCONS -3.5 over Bears I still think the Falcons can get to the Super Bowl. And I still think the Bears can't.

Broncos +3.5 over CHARGERS I can't believe the Broncos are the 'dog in this game. After beating the Pats last week everybody knows they are good. And how the hell can you pick Norv Turner in a Monday nighter he has to win? The Broncos will seal up the division title Monday night. And they will do it easily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home