The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

NFL Week 8

We're getting to that point in the season when you know who the good teams are and who the bad teams are. And there are a hell of a lot of bad teams as has been pointed here a lot recently. So bad that again there are 6 games this week with a spread of 9 or higher. I'm guessing Vegas is going to have start making the lines on Raiders/Skins/Rams/Browns games about 19 points just to get any money going on the underdog.

Good week last week and I have yet to have a below .500 week. Sooner or later that is going to catch up to me. I'd bet on sooner.

Last Week: 8-5
Season: 57-46

RAVENS -4 over Broncos I think the Broncos have replaced the Ravens as the best defensive team in the league but the 3-3 Ravens have to win this game and should be really frantic hawking Kyle Orton.

Browns +13.5 over BEARS You sucked me in Vegas. Now don't let me down you horseshit Browns.

Texans -3.5 over BILLS Houston is a pretty good 4-3 while the Bills are a really bad 3-4.

PACKERS -3 over Vikings I expect the Cheeseheads to cheer for Brett Favre as he takes the field for the first time and then to boo him mercilessly the rest of the game. And that's how it should be. The Packers will rally around Aaron Rodgers and win this one.

COLTS -11 over 49ers I'm not sure the 49ers are as bad as the 11 points suggest but I also don't think they have a prayer against the Colts.

JETS -4 over Dolphins Rex Ryan might be an ass but he is not an ass who is going to let the Wildcat beat him again.

LIONS -5.5 over Rams This is how bloody awful the Rams are - I am going against my logic of picking against the Lions every week this year. I am starting to think the Rams might go 0-16, even in the pathetic NFC West. In other news this game may be blacked out in Detroit which is a shame. The city could use a win on TV.

Seahawks +9.5 over COWBOYS Big win last week for the 'Boys so I expect a letdown.

CHARGERS -16.5 over Raiders You couldn't suck me into this one Vegas. The Raiders are still horrendous and this is the type of game the Chargers win. They keep close enough to the playoffs to truly piss off their fans with some awful late season losses.

Jaguars +3 over TITANS Can someone please explain to me how a 3-3 team, even a bad 3-3 team, can be a 3 point 'dog to a terrible 0-6 team? An 0-6 team starting Vince Young for the first time this year? I know it's a division game but that is not worth 5 points.

CARDS -9 over Panthers I think it's fair to say I have been sucked in by the Cards again. I have no doubt they will let me down soon.

Giants +2 over EAGLES My nervous pick of the week. I just don't see the Giants losing three in a row.

SAINTS -9 over Falcons The Saints are going to get slowed down soon but it won't be by the Falcons in the Superdome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home