The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Half Assed Football Preview.

- Due to my trip to New Hampshire I missed doing an NFL preview. And we're already headed for Week 3 so I can't be bothered now. I will say that no matter how scary the Pats have looked the first two weeks I still say the Colts are going to repeat by beating the Saints (who will recover from their 0-2 start because the NFC is once again awful). The Colts improved their defense and Peyton is still the best QB in the league. I don't think his focus will suffer one bit after winning the Super Bowl and doing a tonne of commercials and other stuff in the off-season.

- The NFC is so bad I think any of the top 5 teams in the AFC (Colts, Patriots, Chargers, Broncos, Ravens) would win the Super Bowl if they make it.

- Why don't I have the Bengals in the top 5 in the AFC despite having the third best QB in the league and some great receivers? Because they have no discipline and Chad Johnson and a lot of other guys on that team are losers, that's why. Until Johnson starts caring more about his teams record than his individual stats they are going nowhere in the playoffs. He would never say it but I think Carson Palmer would love to see Johnson run out of town.

- The Lions are 2-0. Really. But I still say they are more likely to finish 4-12 than 8-8.

Other stuff:

- Everybody knew Tiger was going to win the FedEx Cup but the Tour Championship was a joke this weekend. How can you give away $1.2 million to the winner of that tournament and $10 million to the FedEx winner on such an easy course. Tiger's winning score was -23. That's just ridiculous. The greens were the slowest and bumpiest on tour this year and East Lake was an unacceptable course to declare your playoff champion.

- In New Hampshire I had the pleasure of watching the Red Sox every night on NESN and Dice-K is going to kill them in the playoffs. His fastball isn't over 92, his curve has no bite and hitters are laying off his cutter because he can't throw it for strikes. He is also prone to mental lapses and giving up big innings. I've watched him pitch at least 6 times this year and he is nowhere near where he was a t the start of the season. I would have him coming out of the bullpen in the playoffs with Beckett, Schilling, Lester as my top three and Wakefield as my fourth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home