The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Monday, August 13, 2007

So Long Michael!

- I'm glad to see NFL Commish Roger Goodell is being consistent and will suspend Michael Vick for the 2007 season. And I seriously hope Vick ends up in Federal "Pound Me In the Ass Prison" when all is said and done.

- Maybe Vick can join Pacman for some TNA wrestling fun. I think the two of them would get along well.

- I applaud any move that gives us a smaller Federal Cabinet, but you have to wonder if Harper gives any consideration at all to his backbenchers. You have to think he doesn't listen to anything any of them have to say.

- A fitting tribute to Ed Mirvish.

- The news of Merv Griffin's death made me think of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer finds his old set in the garbage and turns his apartment into the show. That was a classic. Merv sure had a hell of an impact on Hollywood and left a long legacy.

4 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, August 14, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great use of the 'Office Space' term. Personally when he's in the clink I hope he gets a visit from the "sisters." On the football front, I look for the Falcons to have a decent year in spite of their QB spending the next 18 months in The Big House. Joey is a better passer than Vick ever will be and they’re already a great running team with an above average defense. With good coaching and in the NFC that equals 8 wins easy.

I laugh my ass off every time I think of the Merv Griffen set in Kramer’s apartment. Great episode, though still behind, “The Contest,” “The Opposite,” and the one with Kenny Rogers Chicken!!!

 
At 1:07 PM, August 14, 2007, Blogger Skeelo said...

The Kenny Rogers is my all time favorite Seinfeld episode.

I hope he getsd visited by the Sisters too. He'll "think he's been fucked by a train."

I think Harrington will prove himself to be a good QB too. He never had a hope in hell in that mess that is the Lions.

 
At 2:35 PM, August 14, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They'll pull him out of that one bunk Hilton and cast him down with the sodomites.

 
At 8:26 AM, August 15, 2007, Blogger Skeelo said...

Looks like I'm watching Shawshank this weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home