The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

This Ain't Tiger's Tourney

- Call me crazy but I don't think Tiger will win the PGA this week. He'll be in the mix but I just don't think he'll pull it off. As hot as it's going to be I also think you can count out any of the Europeans who never win in weather like they will face this week. I'll take either a South African like Els or Goosen or an Australian like Adam Scott. Yeah I keep picking Scott but he has to win a major eventually doesn't he?

- Why Reggie Miller would want to make a comeback is beyond me, let alone with the Celtics. He had a fantastic career as a Pacer. I guess he figures nobody in the NBA can shoot a jumper and he can still be effective for 15 minutes a night.

- Talking to Diamond Joe last night we both figure Barry will get to about 768 by the end of the year and that will be it. I really don't see the Giants bringing him back next year and no other team will sign him. I think the only way San Fran brings him back is if they figure he will be less of a circus now that the record is broken. But they have to know he will still be a bad teammate and pain in the ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home