The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Milestone Weekend.

- I don't think any sport will ever have a weekend like baseball just had. Barry tied Hank, A-Rod became the youngest to 500 dingers , and Tom Glavine won his 300th. While I think A-Rod's is the most impressive, mainly because of his young age and the fact that I think he will break whatever record number Bonds ends up with, I think the 300 wins by a pitcher is one we may not see again for a hell of a long time.

With pitchers durability at an all time low, the increased use of bullpens, the rarity of 20 win seasons nowadays and complete games going the way of the dodo, I honestly don't see anyone ever getting to 300 wins again. You would need to average 15 wins for 20 years to get there. I just can't see it.

- Is there a bigger idiot in golf than Rory Sabbitini? I have no problem with a guy making comments about Tiger's game. However, I do have a problem with this goof routinely saying stupid things about the game in general and then getting his ass handed to him when paired with Tiger in the final round.

- The Yankees are suddenly only a half game out of the wild card. I hate those fuckers. There still not making the playoffs though. Detroit and Cleveland will both be ahead of them when it's all said and done.

- Harper going through with getting rid of the Wheat Board would really impress me. Let's see if he sees it through.

- Happy 32nd to an original Pursuit of Leisure Hottie, Charlize Theron.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home