The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Bad News For The Raptors.

- It's not unusual for me to be wrong as I was yesterday. Apparently Kevin Garnett is headed to the Celtics. This is really bad for the Raptors who now have to play in the same division with a Celtics team that has Garnett, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce. In other words, no matter how bad a coach Doc Rivers is, the Celtics are going to win the division. But at least I will get to see Garnett live more in Toronto.

- Watching the Jay game in Tampa last night I realized there can't possibly be a worse park in the Majors than the shithole the DRays play in. Absolutely depressing.

- It's hard to believe Bill Walsh was 75 years old. He was a true football genius and architect of the most dominant football team I have ever seen, the Montana lead 49ers of the 80's and early 90's.

- One quick note on Vegas that I didn't include - the Sugardaddy scenario. When we were at Ghostbar last Friday night (I use this particular example because we were there but this happens all over the place) there was a guy there who had to be 60 with two ridiculously hot girls who couldn't have been more than 23. He was buying them drinks all night and they were grinding him pretty hard. He had a "Don't you wish you were me" look on his face the whole time. Actually I don't wish I were you because you look like a complete idiot and your girls look bought and paid for.

2 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, August 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It will be interesting to see what Bill Simmons take is on the Garnett trade, considering he savaged the Ray Allen trade.

 
At 12:58 PM, August 01, 2007, Blogger Skeelo said...

He actually liked the trade. I have to agree with his logic too. Individually the Allen trade didn't make sense, but combined with getting KG it makes a hell of a lot of sense. Those to guys plus Pierce guarantee them at least a playoff spot, likely the Atlantic Division and with some luck can get to the Finals. The east is that bloody awful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home