The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Monday, July 30, 2007

Fully Recovered

I'm fully recovered from Vegas and back into a normal sleep pattern. I'm also caught up on work stuff so I can devote more time to this site for the next little while.

- News and sports are pretty slow this time of year so I'll take what I can get. Starting with the fact that one of my favorite golfers, Jim Furyk, won the Canadian Open for the second straight time yesterday. They need to stop playing this tourney at Angus Glen though. The players hate it and most of the people I know who have played it think it's vastly overrated. I'd really like to see this course played at The National in Toronto but it will never happen.

- Don't expect many big moves at tomorrow's baseball trading deadline. I think most GM's realize deadline deals that work out are few and far between and they would rather keep their prospects for themselves or for winter deals.

- I really don't see why Kevin Garnett would want to go to Boston. The team stinks, even with Ray Allen, they have a terrible coach and Boston is a notoriously tough place to play for black athletes. I don't see how this trade happens.

- Happy 60th birthday to Arnold Schwarzenegger. I can't believe the Governor is 60. The vastly underrated pair of Laurence Fishburne and Jean Reno turn 46 and 59 respectively today. And finally hottie Jaime Pressley turns 30 today. She celebrated her birthday at Pure at Caesar's. Why anyone goes to a bar to celebrate a celebrity's birthday they have no chance of meeting is beyond me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home