The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Friday, April 06, 2007

The Leafs Won't Make It.

- I know I promised my MLB NL preview today but Ms. Skeelo and I are headed to Montreal for a Lily Allen concert tonight in about an hour so it has to wait until tomorrow.

- For a team fighting for it's playoff life last night the Leafs performance was pathetic. I don't see them performing any better against Montreal tomorrow night which is fine with me. As I said earlier in the week, they are essentially fighting for the right to lose to the Sabres in 5 games in the first round.

- Does anybody, outside of Ottawa at least, really think the Sens will get out of the first round? Being able to watch Sid The Kid perform against these still gutless losers and watching Gary Roberts score big goal after big goal because Wade Redden doesn't have the guts to move him from the front of the net will be the highlight of my NHL playoffs. In fact, it's one of my favorite things about living in Ottawa.

- Watching the Spurs beat the Suns last night has me more convinced than ever that the Suns don't have a chance against the Spurs in the playoffs. What's worse is that the Suns know it too, you could see on their faces last night they realize their season will be done after the second round.

- You've got to love Rosie O'Donnell. She represents everything that is great about America. Only in the US could someone as fat, obnoxious, arrogant and stupid accumulate the fame and fortune she has just by being herself. She's quite a success considering she would be shovelling cow shit for a living if she lived in a country like Cambodia or the Ukraine.

2 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, April 06, 2007, Blogger Road Hammer said...

Who the F is Lily Allen?

 
At 12:51 PM, April 07, 2007, Blogger Skeelo said...

A young Brit from London. I She's kind of a hip hop and pop mix. Very funny lyrics.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home