The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Masters Prediction.

- The Masters, most pompous and self important event in sports, starts today. I will start by saying that The Masters is the easiest of golf's four majors to win. They play the same course every year (which contrary to popular belief is nowhere near the most difficult course on tour), it is a limited field, and you still have spots filled by 65 year old former champions who have no business being there. Having said that I still enjoy watching it, though I often have to do it with the mute on so my ears don't bleed from the syrupy commentary. I'm not going out on much of a limb when I say Tiger is going to win (but he won't win the US Open to complete another Tiger Slam), but if he doesn't I think Adam Scott will finally break through for his first major.

- Barry Bonds hit number No. 735 last night, leaving him 21 shy of breaking Hank Aaron's record. I for one, perhaps the only one, am looking forward to him breaking it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home