The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Headin' Down To Vegas Baby!

- This will be my last post for a few days as Ms. Skeelo and I are heading down to Vegas tomorrow for our 5th wedding anniversary.

- The thought of cheering for UCLA against Florida Saturday night in a sports book filled with Vegas tourists from SoCal is too much for me to handle. It's going to be crazy. The hardest game of the tournament for me to pick was Kansas-UCLA. I figured the winner of that game would win the tournament and I picked Kansas. With UCLA winning I now think UCLA will beat Ohio St. in the final Monday night.

- Losing Jorge Garbajosa to a hideous ankle injury is really going to hurt the Raptors in the playoffs (that injury was disgusting. I am squeamish but you knew it was bad when the nearest Celtic to him took a look at his foot pointed in the wrong direction and nearly puked). The Raps don't go that deep in their rotation and he was a tough matchup at the offensive end. I'm not sure who can pick up the slack.

- Jemele Hill has been a great addition to ESPN's page 2. She makes a pretty good case that Kobe is better than MJ. I don't think Kobe is quite there yet but he will be by the time his career's over. He is a better defender and more explosive scorer. As Hill points out Jordan was a pretty bad teammate at times too and got a Doug Collins fired. Once Lamar Odom is fully healthy and Andrew Bynum develops the Lakers will start winning titles again and Kobe will be the reason. And don't forget Jordan never won a title without Scottie Pippen who was one of the 20 best players of all time.

- Stay tuned for my in-depth Major League Baseball preview next week. It promises to be 50% less accurate then last year.

2 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, March 28, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought Jordan loved Collins, and was upset he was fired. Hence Jordam bringing him in to coach the Wizards?

 
At 3:44 PM, March 28, 2007, Blogger Skeelo said...

They got along later on but Jordan contributed to having him sacked. Jordan was a pain in the ass to coach early in his career.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home