The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Friday, March 23, 2007

The Male Equivalent Of Getting Flowers.

- Ms. Skeelo likes to comment now and then that I don't buy her flowers enough. My retort is always the same - "When was the last time you bought me a new putter?" I was thinking about this yesterday and last night while talking to Diamond Joe and I started to wonder what the male equivalent of getting flowers would be. While I think a new putter is suitable it may be a bit overpriced. But I think a dozen Titleists is perfectly reasonable. I would be interested to hear from male readers what they feel would be appropriate to bug women about not buying us enough of.

- Pretty damn good games last night in the NCAA's. After the double digit comebacks that Ohio St. has overcome their last two games makes me think they might just won this thing. Big men like Oden almost never win titles (Shaq and Tim Duncan never even made the Final Four) because they can be neutralized on the offensive end by aggressive zones in college ball. But that's where Ohio St. differs. They don't need any offense from Oden because their guards score so well.

- Kobe is starting to get that look again after dropping 60 again last night, the second time in less than a week. I don't think they can win a playoff series because they are not healthy enough but they are going to throw one hell of a scare into Dallas, Phoenix or San Antonio if they meet in the first round.

- The Celtics lost a game at home the other night to the equally pathetic Bobcats who they are battling for worst record in the NBA and therefore the most ping pong balls in the lottery. The Celtics barely played there starting five at all and Danny Ainge was spotted sitting next to Kevin Durant's mom at a Texas NCAA tournament game. This proves beyond argument that the Celtics are tanking games on purpose as the season comes to a close. Poor Red Auerbach is turning over in his grave right now.

4 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, March 23, 2007, Blogger Road Hammer said...

I would suggest the good ol' $12.95er as an appropriate male substitute for flowers, at least here in the nation's capital.

Elsewhere, I'd say a box of cigars.

 
At 7:18 AM, March 24, 2007, Blogger David said...

Fishing lures.

 
At 12:21 PM, March 24, 2007, Blogger Skeelo said...

Cigars are a good call. I don't fish but will ceetianly accept lres as an appropriate gift.

I also think DVD bio's of late 80's WWF stars fit the bill.

I thought gift certificates to the local 'rippers but the it is totally inappropriate the more I think about it.

 
At 1:54 PM, March 28, 2007, Blogger mix tape said...

Hmm maybe I should avoid the type of women who routinely ask for flowers and dinners all the time. Has to be two-way, not one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home