The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Monday, March 26, 2007

Ain't Nothin' Fina' Than Hatin' Carolina.

- As someone who loathes North Carloina basketball I absolutely loved watching the Tar Heels lose yesterday. And watching them gag on a 10 point lead with under 7 minutes to go made it even better. I was practically having a stroke in my basement by the time Georgetown tied it with about 30 seconds left I was having such a good time. Despite Billy Packer's desperate homerism and the refs screwing the Hoyas (The Heels went to the line 34 times for Christ Sake, mostly on ticky tack fouls) the Heels choked like a Roy Williams coached team usually does. It was a joy to watch.

- I got three of the Final Four right and missed out on Kansas which lost to UCLA. That game was the one I agonized over picking the most. I am now taking Ohio State over UCLA in the final. I think UCLA will have a big point to prove against Florida after playing so poorly in last years final against the Gators.

- Only 21 days until the Ottawa Lynx home opener. Going to Lynx games is on of my true joys during Ottawa summers.

- Gilbert Arenas is my favorite NBA player because he is just a flat out flake who can score at will most nights. But also because he understands the entertainment value of the game and knows how to put asses in the seats. Even if that means making $10 bets with fans about hitting the game winning shot.

- I haven't commented on last week's federal budget because it was exactly what I expected it to be. I feel bad for Jim Flaherty who had to deliver that mess. I have know doubt he wanted to pull a Lou Brown (the manager of the Indians in Major League) and piss all over it the way Brown did on Roger Dorn's contract when Dorn said he didn't have to stretch.

I am now hoping Harper really does have a hidden agenda. My current political fantasy is that Harper calls an election tomorrow, wins a majority and during his acceptance speech rips off the Mulroney mask, puts on a Reform button, somebody pulls the cord on the Tory banner behind him to reveal a Reform banner, and he says "All right fuckers, time to get down to business and nobody can stop me for the next five years." Please don't ruin it for me by suggesting it is unlikely.

- Happy 31st birthday to Amy Smart who I have always had a crush on (it would never work out though. She's vegan). If she had any talent at all she would be a Pursuit of Lesiure Hottie. And a happy 22nd to Keira Knightley who is about 3 years and an additional 25 pounds away from becoming a Pursuit of Leisure Hottie because she does have the talent.

2 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, March 26, 2007, Blogger David said...

Will you be taking in as many games as possible in advance of the tragic move to Allentown?

I have awesome memories of Lynx games from high school, including a couple of Easter weekend openers when I risked frostbite.

 
At 7:21 PM, March 26, 2007, Blogger Skeelo said...

I do plan on taking in at least 15 games. I live within a 10 minute walk of the stadium.

$0.25 hot dog night is a personal favorite. I think I ate 12 last year. Good Times!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home