The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Friday, February 16, 2007

The Week End Wrap Up.

Things you may have missed yesterday while enrolling in the Tim Hardaway school for social tolerance:

- The Nashville Predators have landed Peter Forsberg for essentially nothing. This has got to scare everyone in the west because if he is healthy there is no better playoff performer than Forsberg. He might even get some people in Nashville to realize they have a hockey team.

- The Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition came out this week with the lovely and curvy Beyonce on the cover. I applaud SI for putting someone on the cover who looks as though she eats three meals a day. Even one of my favorite all-time "girlfriends", Marissa Miller, has lost too much weight and doesn't look as great as she used to.

As a teenager I used to fantasize about having 4 swimsuit models at once. Now I fantasize about having 4 at once and feeding them 10 pounds of pasta. Women really need to start eating carbs again, this is getting scary.

- I find it funny that the Liberals pushed through a bill making it mandatory for the government to meet Kyoto standards when they didn't do a single thing about it while in power. And I find it depressing that the next federal election is shaping up to be centered around the environment. Surely to God there are more pressing issues in this country.

- A Quebec provincial election can only mean one thing - more federal money being sent their way.

- I love astronomy but don't know too much about it other than what I learn while watching the Discovery Channel, so I find potential water sources on Mars pretty cool.

- The Hoff in drag. And to think I used to idolize this guy during the Knight Rider days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home