The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Wednesday Musings.

I'm glad to see the feds kicking in to help with transit security, but you have to keep on eye on how this money is being spent. For example certain areas in Toronto are far more likely tragets than others. Union station at rush hour with the Go Trains, subway, and Via going full tilt deserves full attention while Kipling station at 10:00pm Tuesday night does not. I'd also like to see at least a hint of security for getting on the subway. Right now you can just fly through the turnstile and get on the train with pretty much anything you want.

Now that a US soldier has plead guilty to raping and killing an Iraqi girl and her family, I put the over/under on a prominent Democrat placing the blame not on the soldier, but on Bush or Rumsfeld, at about 12 minutes. Please understand that I am in no way trying to make light of this situation. My point is that this type of behavior has been going on for decades regardless of who is in office.

I'm interested to see how well Sun Media's new free daily 24 Hours does. I think it actually made sense for Sun to do this. There readership was eroding to free competitors such as Metro anyway so they might as well try to retain some of that readership. I just wonder how it will affect the quality(?) of the Sun (which admittedly I only read Saturday or Sunday morning while eating my breakfast at Local Heroes).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home