The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Borat Gets A Beating.

Apparently Borat got a whoopin' in NYC. I'm actually not the least bit shocked by this event. What is shocking is that this is only the first time it has happened. Given his antics, which I love, you would have to think this would happen once a week.

The Rockettes are coming to Canada. This reminds me of a funny line Tony Kornheiser had on Pardon The Interruption a couple of years back. He was discussing one of those erectile dysfunction commercials and said "If I have an erection for 4 hours I'm not calling a Doctor, I'm calling the Rockettes."

What qualifies a woman as a MILF as opposed to a Yummy Mummy? Thsi is the type of thing Ms. Skeelo and I argue about at home which, I think, is the sign of a healthy marriage. I say the difference is in the age of the Mom where as she thinks it's the age of the child. For example I say a 35 year old woman with a new born is a MILF and a 27 year old with a 10 year old is a yummy mummy. Using that example she says it's the other way around. What started this conversation is Nelly Furtado who no matter how you put it is a complete MILF/Yummy Mummy. Any clarification from the audience would be appreciated.

4 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, November 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clarification from Ms. Skeelo -

It's not just about the age of the child, but at what phase of "motherhood" the woman is in. Yummy Mummies are the women who want the whole world to know that, a) they are mothers, and b) their designer yoga apparel matches their designer strollers. MILFs on the other hand, tend to have older children, so it is not as readily apparent they are mothers. You tend to be more surprised that MILFs have children than Yummy Mummies, because the YMs like to show off their kids more.

 
At 8:11 PM, November 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you were to have kids in the foreseeable future, would Ms. Skeelo be a MILF or a YM?

 
At 8:30 AM, November 15, 2006, Blogger Skeelo said...

Judging by her comments above I would have to say MILF. She would never use our children as an accessory.

 
At 8:50 PM, November 15, 2006, Blogger David said...

I'm not sure a MILF even needs to have children anymore. I think it's now synonymous with "cougar".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home