The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Back From Vacation

Ms. Skeelo and I are back from our trip and pictures of Machu Picchu, Llamas and Alpacas will show up over the next few days.

In the meantime:

- I'm not sure I like the Leafs signing of Ron Wilson as their new coach. He is an arrogant jackass and won't do well with young kids that the Leafs need to play. But the bigger problem for me is the fact that he coached a very underachieving Sharks team the last few years and had the audacity to tell fans of San Jose that they should be jumping for joy over the Sharks success the last few years. Ridiculous. He'll be great with the press though.

As for him being good buddies with Brian Burke and the conspiracy theory surrounding that I don't think there is much of one. Burke will be the next GM of the Leafs regardless and Burke has never hired Wilson before for any team he has run.

- I was back to watch Game 2 of the Lakers-Celtics and the officiating was absolutely horrendous. How in the hell does one team get a 38-10 free throw advantage in the Finals? It was just absurd to watch. And the Lakers still almost won.

I still think the Lakers will win this series even though Pau Gasol has turned into pumpkin and is playing terrible. Now Kobe can just say "Screw the rest of these guys, I will do this myself" and go do it himself. I say they win all three in LA then win game 7.

Either way Boston is passionate about the Celtics basketball again and that is a great thing for the league.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home