The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Odds and Ends

Ms. Skeelo and I are headed to Peru for a much needed ten day vacation tomorrow so this is just a bunch if unrelated stuff from the past week or so.

- Maxim has released their Hot 100 List and I can't argue at all with top choice of Marissa Miller. She's not ready for Pursuit of Leisure Hottie status because I don't think of modelling as a huge talent per se but I have been a huge fan of hers for years. And I now have an excuse to put pictures of her from Sports Illustrated on this site.







If that doesn't help iPod sales nothing will.

- Perhaps the best thing about our trip is that we are leaving the same day the Sex and the City movie opens. I couldn't stand the thought of being around when this putrid mess starts. If I hear people talking about it in South America I am banning myself from ever going to that continent again.

- I think Major League Baseball should go to instant replay for home run calls and home run calls only. Those calls are pretty cut and dry and wouldn't take long to figure out. I think safe or out calls should still be made without the use of replays though. In reality umpires don't get that many wrong and it is often hard to tell whether they are wrong or not. Replaying bang bang plays would make games even longer than they are now.

- How is Joakim Noah getting busted for pot possession in anyway surprising or newsworthy? It's not like this wasn't expected.

- I'm sure Hollywood is shaking in their boots now that the Quebec language police are making themselves look stupid again. Sorry, I mean upset with Hollywood.

It's this type of bullshit that makes the rest of Canada shake their heads.

- Rest In Peace Sydney Pollack. Syndney was able to straddle the line between blockbuster and independent spirited movies better than anyone and managed to make a lot of character driven movies by directing big name stars in the lead roles.

As great a director as he was I loved seeing him on screen. He was always outstanding and always comfortable playing against superstars such as George Clooney in Michael Clayton. After watching Clayton again about three weeks ago I said to Ms. Skeelo the same thing I said after the first time I saw it -"That is a great movie and I just wish Sydney Pollack would take more acting roles".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home