The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

I Officially Hate the Pats.

- After watching that ridiculous chain of events in the last 2 minutes against the Ravens last night I am convinced the Pats are going 19-0 but I hope they don't. I really hate this team from the arrogance of Belichick on down. I still think a strong, physical team that can run the ball can beat them and that means the Steelers.

I am still not sold on the Pats running game or secondary and the Steelers can hold possession long enough to beat them and Big Ben and Ward can hurt their secondary. I just hope the Steelers face them in the playoffs.

As for the Colts they absolutely can not beat the Pats with Dwight Freeney out for the year. They won't get enough pressure on Brady.

- The Red Sox are doing the right thing going after Johan Santana. They already have their ace in Josh Beckett so Santana does not have to be a savior and can afford to miss the odd start. He'd be the perfect number 2 for them.

- If the Jays do not make a push for lefty Erik Bedard J.P. should be fired immediately. Actually he should be fired anyway but he won't be yet. Bedard is exactly what they Jays need to seriously compete with Boston for the division and for the wild-card. He's a high strikeout guy who can handle the pressure of playing meaningful September games. And I would give up Burnett to get him.

- The 76ers are finally firing Billy King. If you are a Sixers fan you have to be pretty disgusted with the way this guy has ruined your team. And you also have to be disgusted that they are bringing in current Nets GM Ed Stefanski who has failed to trade Jason Kidd when he should have, has a injury riddled underachieving roster, and traded for the biggest waste of talent in the NBA, Vince Carter.

- The main reason I haven't commented on the death of Sean Taylor is that I really don't have much to add other than it was a shame a 24 year old died in such a fashion. The media coverage has been predictably awful and I don't want to add to it because I have not read much of it. I am at the point where media coverage after events like this and the Virginia Tech shootings is so knee jerk and irresponsible I can't read the first 48 hours of a news cycle because 99% of it is completely false.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home