The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

The Pats Will Be Perfect.

- Now that the Pats have beaten the Colts, which I did not think they would do, I am ready to concede they are going 19-0 this year. I thought the best chance for them to lose in the playoffs was against Indy in Indy. Now that they are going to end up with home field advantage (and yes it is a foregone conclusion) I can't see the Colts winning in Boston in crappy January weather.

But 19-0 is not going to be easy. The team that I think actually has the best shot at beating them is the Steelers on December 9 and in the playoffs if they meet them. The Steelers are big and physical on defence and Troy Polamalu may be able to slow down Randy Moss a bit. On offense they can pound the ball and wear down the Pats defense which I am still not 100% sold on.

Either way I hope someone beats them because I really can't stand Belichick.

- I really don't know why top team in the NHL would bring in Peter Forsberg. There is a lot of talk here in Ottawa about him and he would just disrupt their top two lines and you're paying a lot of money for someone who will likely get hurt.

If someone is going to go after him it should a team like Calgary, Montreal or Toronto who are maybe one player away from making the playoffs and taking the chance on him wouldn't kill them because they are not that good anyway.

- I think Andy Pettitte should retire now. The Yankees are going to be a mess for a while. Steinbrenner's kid is going to be a disaster running the team and his relationship with the crazy Joe Girardi is going to be like Big Stein and Billy Martin all over again. The Yanks are going to be screwed for the next few years and I'm not just saying that as a Boston fan.

- My NBA preview is coming tomorrow. Promise.

- I'll also try to get back to entertainment notes soon to. Not so much political because it's all pretty boring right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home