The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Sox Are Done.

The evening of October 16, 2004 may have been the single best night ever for me as a wannabe sports prognosticator. The Yankees had just destroyed the Sox at Fenway to take a 3-0 series lead. I fearlessly predicted that the Sox would come back to win the series and exactly how it would happen, including Damon's home runs, excluding the bloody sock.

Why was I so confident? Because that Sox team had a looseness and a swagger to them that this year's team does not. Despite having the best record int he AL all season, not once did I have the Sox as the favorite to get to the World Series. I have watched them all year and there just seems to be something missing there despite the best record in the league. I mean something besides the fact that J.D. Drew is a gutless jag and Coco Crisp is an automatic out in big late inning situations. Which is why they are not coming back this year. Beckett may get them through Game 5 tonight but I don't think they can beat Carmona in Game 6 and Dice K sure as hell won't pitch well in Game 7 if it gets that far.

1 Comments:

At 12:01 AM, October 22, 2007, Blogger mix tape said...

Red Sox complete the comeback!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home