The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Friday, November 09, 2007

Eric Lindros Retires

- I always thought Eric Lindros was a bit goofy so I wasn't a huge fan of his. A lot of people hated him because he refused to play for Quebec but I actually liked that (the capitalist in me says you should be able to play wherever the hell you want as a rookie, not where a league draft tells you to go). But the guy had immense talent so in that sense I am really disappointed that he never got to realize his true potential because of injury problems. I also think the way he handled himself throughout his career, knowing early on that injuries would ruin him, spoke a lot about how much he matured as go older.

- Collusion? I'm not sure I would put it past Bud Selig.

- For some reason part of my NBA preview got cut off so I will finish it this weekend.

- This is going to be one hell of a frustrating season for Leaf fans. They are not bad enough to be bad but they are not good enough to be good. Which means they are going to hang around the last playoff spot all year then miss it by a point. The worst thing is that with guys like McCabe and Tucker signed to long term deals this is the team that I'll be watching for the next three years. Ferguson has absolutely got to go.

- The Coen brothers have a new movie out today. Consider me pumped because I love those guys.

1 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, November 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure that's a proper definition of capitalism. Being an arrogant cock and dictating where you will and will not play when your 18 years old and haven't done shit in the NHL, I wouldn't characterized that as an exercise in capitalism so much as a display of a pompous, spoiled, son of a bitch. If he didn't like the system the NHL had in place he could go and shovel shit instead. Which is exactly what he’d be doing if he was 5’6 and not 6’4.

That said he always was a man among boys. Roaming the halls of Henry Street High School he looked like a freak of nature. To bad his performance never could match his ego.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home