The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Monday, March 01, 2010

Vancouver 2010. We Did It!




I have never been prouder to be Canadian.

It is not just about setting a record with 14 Gold Medals that allowed us to truly Own The Podium. Or the 7 Silver and 5 Bronze that gave us a third place total of 26 medals. It is also about how Canadians across the country embraced these games and the pride we showed in our country. We were not embarrassed to strive for Gold or to display the pride we feel for Canada. I truly feel like the country has changed and that we can not only feel proud, but also feel proud about feeling proud.

It was an incredible 17 days and I speak for most Canadians when I say that I hate like hell that it is over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home