The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Super Bowl Prediction

I'm 4-6 so far but if you pick the Super Bowl winner right that counts for a lot. Or at least that's what I am telling myself.

Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Arizona Cardinals

After the way the Cards beat the Panthers and Eagles it would be crazy to be shocked if they win this game. But I would be surprised if they did. They are going up against the best defense in the league, which is both very fast and very aggressive. I think Troy Polamalu can help cover Larry Fitzgerald and "limit" him to just over 100 yards and 1 TD. I also think if the Steelers are up late in the game he may return another interception as he did against the Ravens.

The Steelers won't blitz Kurt Warner that much but they will get to him. He will put up yards but I don't think the cards will be able to run it at all. Contrast that to the Steelers offense, which will run all day and get big plays from Big Ben when they need them. Which is all Roethlisberger does. It's insane not to consider this guy an elite QB. The system he is in does not require him to throw 35 times a game for 300 yards but he absolutely could if he had to and he always makes the throws he needs to. Always. Put him in another more pass happy system and his numbers would be huge. If winning his 2nd Super Bowl title in his first 5 years doesn't convince people I don't know what will.

Steelers 30 Cardinals 20

3 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, February 06, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what happens in vegas stays in vegas, but it's time you shared some insight on the trip with loyal readers.

 
At 5:28 PM, February 06, 2009, Blogger Skeelo said...

You're right. I'll get to it this weekend or Monday.

Quite frankly I am still recovering.

 
At 11:32 AM, February 09, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Going back their this weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home