The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Monday, January 19, 2009

The Arizona Cardinals Are Going To The Super Bowl.

The Arizona Cardinals Are Going To The Super Bowl. The Arizona Cardinals Are Going To The Super Bowl. It just doesn't sound right at all does it? It sounds like a satirical headline on The Onion or maybe it's just a sign of the Apocalypse. Americans electing a Black President surprised me less than this. What's next, the Lions getting their next year?

At the very least it will make watching the game in Vegas with Diamond Joe a hell of a lot more interesting. The Steelers have a huge following and all the people who don't care about either team will be cheering for the Cards since they will be a lovable underdog.

3 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, January 19, 2009, Blogger mix tape said...

They'll be a lot of Arizona fans in the city of sin too.

 
At 12:34 AM, January 20, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still in shock. I remember Chris Collinsworth whom I respect, calling the Cards the worst team ever to a have home playoff game. I thought it was harsh but didn't disagree.

Fact is, though they were one of the first teams to clinch a spot after the Giants and Panthers and those two were running away with home field. Knowing that, I think they basically shut it down on the east coast against the Eagles and Patriots playing hard enough not to get injured. Somehow they turned it on at the right time. I like the Steelers by two touchdowns though.

 
At 3:50 PM, January 20, 2009, Blogger Skeelo said...

I completely agree. The NFL playoffs are now about peaking and being injury free at the right time.

I don't know about two touchdowns but I figured the spread is about right at 7. That way money gets on both sides. I would have set it at 10. The Cards will score some points but the Steelers secondary is really physical and can limit Fitzgerald to "only" 100 yards and 1 TD.

The Steelers offense is really underrated. Parker will run against the Cards D and Big Ben will go over 300 yards and 3 TD's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home