The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Back to TV.

- I have to say that you can count me among those who are pretty damn disappointed with Heroes so far this year. They just have way to many characters and story lines going on right now and they actually took away a character I really thought had great potential last year (Monica, the girl who could pick up people physical abilities just by watching them. And don't think that I wouldn't be in the NBA right now if I had that power). The whole good to bad and bad to good switch of some characters didn't work either.

The last episode of 2008 may indicate they are going back to what made the show great though. Peter was great as a Hero and Sylar kicks ass as main Bad Guy so hopefully things will improve.

Full marks though for adding Brea Grant to the show as Daphne/Nemesis. She's just cute as hell, maybe the cutest character on TV. Unfortunately they had to kill off hottie Kristen Bell so that kind of cancels it out.

- I'm glad Scrubs is back for one last season, this time on ABC. We'll see how the addition of Courtney Cox goes though. She is funny but she is starting to look just awful. She has not aged well at all.

- Ms. Skeelo and I are really enjoying The Mentalist. I have liked Simon Baker ever since his small role in L.A. Confidential so I am really glad he has a hit show. I also think Robin Tunney is extremely underrated as an actress and she is great in this show too. And don't forget the gorgeous Amanda Righetti. I'm glad she has a role that doesn't require her to run around half naked the whole time (though the odd shot of her in a bikini or club outfit would be appreciated).

- Something has been bugging me about The Family Guy for a while and I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I have always thought that since the show got back on the air that it has been extremely overrated. I really like the show but it is hardly great(The Simpsons in it's prime was 10 times better). Then Ms. Skeelo recently pointed out the difference and she was bang on. While Homer Simpson was always a good guy at heart and a very likable character, Peter Griffin is a complete asshole. He's obnoxious and doesn't give a shit about any member of his family. That's the main reason the show isn't great. That and the jokes go on way too long.

- Happy 53rd birthday to David Caruso who plays Ms. Skeelo's all time favorite TV character, Horatio Cane.

One of my goals in life is to own a 24 hour CSI: Miami channel. I'd make a fortune off drunk college kids playing drinking games while watching Horatio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home