The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Romo Better Win.

- The Cowboys better win on Sunday or Tony Romo is going to catch all kinds of hell for going to Mexico with Jessica Simpson for three days. I really don't see how him going down south affects his play this weekend, but people sure will if he plays like shit.

- Count me among the small minority who does not want to see a college football playoff. I think a playoff would take away from the regular season especially the early season upset games. Part of the fun watching Appalachian St. beat Michigan in early September was knowing that the Wolverines blew their chance at the title. Why have a bunch of two or even three loss teams in a playoff? This year was a weird year for college football due to all the upsets so everyone bitches about the BCS. But can you say that USC-Texas two years ago was not a real Championship game? The BCS ain't perfect but it's better than the alternative.

- I'm glad Goose Gossage got into the Hall of Fame. Nobody was as dominant as this guy was and anyone who played against him in his prime said nobody ever through harder. He didn't rack up the save totals that guys do these days because he actually got brought in in tight situations and had to pitch more than 4 outs, but in today's game he would be good for at least 45 saves a year.

And I won't go on a rant about Andre Dawson not getting in because I really didn't expect him to.

- I guess I should weigh in on the trading Mats Sundin question. My thought has always been that the NHL does not have any great teams anymore so you are always only two players away from winning the Cup, so I never thought they should trade one of the 10 best players in thr league which Sundin is. But at this point I am fairly certain that Leaf management will never be capable of getting those two players needed for a Cup run so if Mats wants to be traded I say trade him if he asks.

But trading him with the idea that you will get equal value in return is ridiculous because somebody will fleece John Ferguson Jr. and they will get back about 50 cents on the dollar.

- Toronto city council is officially a complete joke. Surely to Christ they have bigger fish to fry than hot dog carts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home