The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

New Hampshire.

- It's no secret that Ms. Skeelo and I love the state of New Hampshire. It's pretty hard not to love a state that has no income or sales tax and has "Live Free Or Die" on their licence plates. We spend ten days there every September and it is the front runner for our future retirement location. So tonight's primary is a bit more interesting to me than others might be.

Hart's Location has already voted (29 people voted and having hiked through Hart's Location in its entirety I am surprised 29 people live there) as is their custom. In every election since 1948 they have opened the polls at midnight and close them when everyone has voted. It's quirky shit like that that makes me love the place.

- I'll argue it every year until he is not on the ballot - Andre Dawson belongs in the Hall of Fame. Nobody in the 80's could compare to this guys talent. If he wasn't forced to play on essentially a concrete floor in Montreal his knees would not have been shot all the time and his numbers would have been even better.

- I don't want to hear anything from Tubby unless it's said in front of Congress.

- Ms. Skeelo and I were just discussing who the next Bond Girls would be 2 nights ago. It's always best when they go with relative no names.

- Our Alma mater has a new President. And apparently she's a hell of a fundraiser, which is one of the first things I would look for in a University President.

2 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, January 09, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is the scoop on the Atkinson firing? I don't remember if that ever came out.

 
At 12:30 PM, January 09, 2008, Blogger Skeelo said...

I don't know that it did. It was pretty abrupt so something pretty severe must have happened.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home