The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Monday, December 17, 2007

Dolphins Win! Dolphins Win!

- As I suggested here last week the Dolphins are not going to end the season winless after beating the hopeless Ravens. As I thought, the Ravens were all but done after nearly beating the Pats and have nothing left. The Dolphins on the other hand would be approaching their last three games as their own Super Bowl.

I'm not sure they will beat the Bengals though despite Diamond Joe's statement that is now officially worried. The monkey is off Miami's back and the Bengals are such a joke it is virtually impossible to predict this meaningless game.

At what point does Marvin Lewis lose his job for turning one of the most promising rosters in the NFL into an underachieving on and off the field mess only a parole officer could love?

- It's good to see the Browns playing well. I'm not sure any more team is more closely tied to their city in any sport than the Browns are to Cleveland.

- Add the Chargers to the list of teams that might be able to beat the Pats in Foxboro. The reason for that is LaDainian Tomlinson, plain and simple. He looks like the same guy who ran over everyone in the league the past few years and if he is on the Pats can't stop him (despite being 14-0 I still say the Pats have serious flaws running and stopping the run, which could kill them in shitty weather against a good team). The playoffs got a hell of a lot more interesting when LT rounded into form.

- Is there a bigger goof in golf than Rory Sabbatini? He pulls out of a 16 player field when he is in last place because of shin splints? What a joke that is. As Fred Couples suggested he should give his $170,000 to Tiger's foundation.

- I have seen the replay of Bryan McCabe breaking his hand at least 10 times and have seen nothing dirty about the play. It's just bad luck and the Leafs should quite whining.

- Are the Cowboys in trouble now that Romo is shagging Jessica Simpson? I don't think so. She'll be gone by the time the NFC Championship comes around.

- I will be reviewing No Country For Old Men tomorrow. I actually saw it two weeks ago but purposely decided to wait a while. I wanted to see if I could possibly think it was as good as I thought it was when I left the theatre. It is.

2 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, December 17, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Refreshing to hear I'm not the only one who thinks Marvin Lewis should be fired. Even though they're a division rival, I'm pullin' for the Brownies.

Am I the only one who likes Rory Sabbatini? The guy is one of about 3 players on tour who shows and kind of emotion and THE only one who doesn’t walk around with his lips puckered tightly on Eldrick's ass. I'd like him more though if he could back it up on Sundays.

Good call on LT. Even Norv Turner can figure out who should get the ball in Foxborough in January.

 
At 9:20 PM, December 17, 2007, Blogger Skeelo said...

I like the fact that Rory is not afraid to make comments about Woods to but he can't back it up and now does it because he is expected to. And he acts like an ass.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home