The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Monday, January 28, 2008

No Country Picks Up SAG.

- I said in my review for No Country For Old Men that it would be completely unacceptable if it didn't win the SAG award for Outstanding Cast. Luckily I was right as it won that honor last night.

I think Javier Bardem, who also won last night for Supporting Actor, is in good shape for an Oscar.

- I always get a bit of a kick when people say the US is too sports obsessed. I mean they are and I agree but don't you find the way Canadians treat hockey just as pathetic if not worse? TSN is already asking who should be on the 2010 Olympic hockey team and then will broadcast the results in a one-hour special on February 13. That is embarrassing on a whole lot of different levels.

- I'm willing to give mad scientist Don Nelson the benefit of the doubt on this one but I really don't see how the Warriors bringing in Chris Webber can end well. Webber has been a pain in the ass his whole career and he really can't even play anymore. I think he's only going to disrupt that team. But he will certainly give me plenty of material for this site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home