The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Please Don't Slam The Door Brian Burke.

- I am really hoping that Brian Burke does in fact take the GM job for the Leafs. I want it for a couple of reasons. First he is a great GM and would would be a huge upgrade for the team. But second and more important is that he is almost as big an ass as Bobby Clarke and I would kill to see him giving it to the Toronto media day in day out.


- I think it's time to move on from the Kelly Tilgham "Take him in an alley and lynch him" controversy. I really don't think she meant anything by the comment, it was just a really dumb off the cuff comment on live TV. She took her suspension like a pro and give a genuine apology. And not one of those "Well I'm sorry I offended you" apologies either. It was a I Fucked Up and realize I Fucked Up apology and I know why it was such a bad thing to say.

- The new movie How She Move was shot in the Jane + Finch area of Toronto. That joke really just writes itself doesn't it?

3 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, January 25, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how relevant Burke would be. MLSE will hold the final say on moves and contracts and that means mediocrity at best for the Leafs.

I'm no fan of Eldrick, but he's the only one who's handled this "controversy" with any class.

Jane & Finch. Haven't they bulldozed that whole are area yet? If not, they should!

 
At 7:12 PM, January 26, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On a totally unrelated note. Here is why a conservative like myself can never vote for some Republicans.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0126gunbill0126.html

 
At 12:26 PM, January 28, 2008, Blogger Skeelo said...

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm pretty sure if I lived in the States I would have to classify myself as "undecided" pretty much every election. There are too many wingnuts among Republcians for me to want to be lumped in with them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home