The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Oscar Nominations Part II

Well I got three out of five right. I'm kicking myself for going with Tom Hanks over Michael Clayton though. I wrestled with that one for a while. I am a little surprised Juno got as much love as it did though. Ellen Page and Diablo Cody were locks but I didn't think it would get a nod for best picture.

I am going to make an effort to see There Will Be Blood and Atonement soon because I wanted to anyway. Then I will have a better read on who should win. I will say right know though that I didn't see a better female role this year than Tilda Swinton as the over her head corporate lawyer in Clayton or a better supporting role than Javier Bardem in No Country. I thought Tom Wilkinson was great in Clayton as well but the role was a little over the top.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home