The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

The Once And Always Mighty Ducks.



I can't believe Emilio Estevez coached a Stanley Cup champion before Pat Quinn or Bryan Murray.

- The Sens didn't choke in this series, they just got beat by a much better team. And as much as I loathe him, Hats Off to Daniel Alfreddson. He worked his ass off the entire series. Even when he wasn't on the scoresheet the first two games I thought he was working hard, he just knew he had to do it alone because Heatley and Spezza were shell shocked. Alfie's shorthanded goal last night was great and showed he wasn't going to quit. Even when he stupidly shot the puck at Niedermayer it was out of frustration, which is more emotion that Heatley, Spezza or Redden showed.

Until Spezza and Redden (and to a lesser degree Heately) show they need to win, I mean REALLY NEED to win, the Sens can't win the Cup. And I don't think either one of them will ever show that desire. The next time these guys go in the corner and come out with the puck consistently against players their own size will be the first.

- I'm in Toronto on business this week and yesterday had lunch at the Armadillo at University and Front. I was alone and decided to sit at the bar and low and behold Don Newman was sitting beside me (I recognized him, not the other way around). I had a nice chat and a pint with Mr. Newman who is a really down to earth guy and apparently a big baseball fan.

- It's no coincidence the Isles cut ties with Alexei Yashin shortly after Mike Milbury walked away. If Ferguson is dumb enough to bring Yashin to the Leafs I would seriously consider burning my jersey.

- Happy Trails to Bob Barker, who along with Hugh Hefner lived every teenage boy's, and most adult men's, dream.

3 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, June 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is Don Newman? Does the dog miss me?

 
At 5:46 PM, June 07, 2007, Blogger Skeelo said...

1. A CBC Political Analyst.

2. No

 
At 2:30 PM, June 08, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah? Well you can tell the dog to go screw himself!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home