The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Bark At The Park.



- It was dog day at Lynx Stadium on Sunday, which meant Ms. Skeelo and I were able to take our pooch Willie (named after the greatest centerfielder of all-time, Willie Mays) to the game. Front row seats right next to the Richmond bullpen for the three of us for only $15 - you can't beat that. Unfortunately the Lynx got waxed 9-1.

- A professional baseball player may have cheated on his wife? Absolutely shocking! I've never heard of such a thing. Wake me when A-Rod gets to 50 home runs which is real news.

- I'm glad to see the Cavs make it to the NBA Finals. Cleveland has to be the losingest and most hard luck sports town in North America (edging runner's up Buffalo, Seattle, and Philly) and the town will be going nuts. But they don't have a hope in hell against the Spurs.

- I like suspending Billy Donovan from coaching in the NBA for five years for trying to back out of his contract with Orlando. I think it's fair and it will also keep Donovan in college ball where he belongs and will continue to be successful.

- In case you ever wondered why I hat gutless Daniel Alfreddson so much, you got a perfect example last night when he fired the puck right at Scott Niedermayer at the end of the second period. Don't even try to convince me it was not on purpose. Alfie is very lucky Chris Pronger was suspended for this game because he would have ended the game with about 6 less teeth than he started it with. And what did Alfie do in the third period to back up his stupidity? Nothing.

If the Ducks get ahead a few goals in game 5, which I think they will because the Sens look mentally finished, someone is going to hurt the Sens captain, and he will deserve it.

- I'll start by saying I have never liked Rebecca Eckler. Does she really think that Hollywood producers read her book, potentially giving this suit merit?

- Happy 36th to Mark Wahlberg, whose turned into a damned fine actor, and 39th to Ron Livingston, who I have always liked and not just because of Office Space.

3 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, June 05, 2007, Blogger Road Hammer said...

Tell me, did the combined number of dogs, players and park staff outnumber the fans?

 
At 5:06 PM, June 05, 2007, Blogger Skeelo said...

Unfortunately it wasn't far off.

At this stage of the game it's hard to blame the fans for not going to games (though I guess the fans are the ones going). It's hard to work up enthusiasm when you've been hearing "this is the last year" for about 5 years running.

Only the true ball fans are going which is too bad because I honeslty can't think of a better way to spend a nice summer evening in Ottawa than at a Lynx game.

 
At 5:42 PM, June 05, 2007, Blogger Road Hammer said...

I agree. Went there on Friday night myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home