The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Happy 77th Clint Eastwood.




Happy 77th Birthday to Clint Eastwood. Clint is my hero and the Greatest Man the world has ever known.

- Kobe Bryant's suggestion yesterday that he wants to be traded is ridiculous (though there are some very intriguing potential deals). Kobe had the Lakers give Shaq the boot and wanted to be the man and now he's complaining. Yeah your GM sucks Kobe, but suck it up and play to win. As image conscious as you are you know it will look bad if you go somewhere else. LA is where you need to be so shut up and play. Suggest trades all you want to improve the team, but don't count yourself in one of them.

- I realize I am a bit late to the party on this but part of my childhood will die on June 30 when Sam's closes it's doors. I will be in downtown Toronto next week for work and will visit one last time. I may even take a picture.

- I realize I'm late on this too but Stephane Dion suggesting a 3 month hold on foreign buyouts of Canadian companies is too absurd to discuss seriously. Economic Nationalism is one of the single dumbest economic policies known to man and works me into such a rage I can barely discuss it. If this clown ever becomes PM I will move to the US within 4 months of him taking office.

- Because San Antonio was up 20 points against the undermanned Jazz in the first quarter last night (don't worry Mormons, your team has a very bright future), I decided to watch the Ducks-Sens. That cracking sound you heard in Ottawa last night around 10:40 was 400,000 femurs shattering as Sens fans jumped off the bandwagon. I felt terrible for Ray Emery last night because he's the only reason the Sens didn't lose 6-0. What's been the Sens problem? Easy: The Ducks. They are just killing them physically and Spezza specifically looks hopeless. Ottawa just wasn't prepared for the physical style of the Ducks. But I still think they have a chance. I subscribe to the theory that you are never in real trouble until you lose on home ice. The Sens better win both games at home though because there is no way they will win the two potential games left in Anaheim.

1 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, May 31, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clint is the shit! In addition to being a great actor, nobody has better one liners and nobody delivers them like Clint.

"Well he shoulda armed himself, if he's gonna decorate his saloon with my friend." Classic!!!

Kobe to the Suns for Stoutamire, Barbosa and Atlanta's 1st round pick in 08. Sounds like a winner for everyone.

With regards to Mr. Dion, don't give up your citizenship too quickly. Down here there are plenty of Celines on the other side. They want school prayer, evolution taken out of public school textbooks, automatic weapons for everybody even convicted felons, and free speech only if they agree with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home