The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Is The British Open Over Already?

At about noon EST today I would have said the tournament was over but then Ernie Els put up a low round to get within 1 stroke of Tiger. This bodes well for Ernie for the weekend. A few years ago a low round by The Striped One would have meant Ernie would shoot about 75 after it. I really hope he will give it a run this weekend because he's the only one with a chance to beat Tiger. As much as I like Retief Goosen (who along with Mike Weir and Vijay are my favorite players), he is a model of consistency and won't go low both rounds on the weekend as he needs to. Forget about DiMarco. For a guy who is supposed to be so good how come he never wins? So it comes down to Tiger vs. Ernie. I say it's 90% certain Tiger wins, I just hope Ernie makes it interesting

My winner prediction stunk again. Padraig missed the cut. As did Vijay who I said would finish top 5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home