The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

NFL Week 3

Let's see if I can break out of mediocrity this week.

Last week: 8-8
Season: 16-16

JETS -6 over Titans This is my shakiest pick of the week. The Jets may be do for a letdown after beating the Pats but the Titans are just not that good.

TEXANS -4 over Jags The Jags just aren't that good and Houston might finally be pretty good.

EAGLES -9 over Chiefs KC is just awful. They look like a 2-14 team right now.

RAVENS -13 over Browns The line could be 20 and I would take it. The Ravens now how an offense to go along with their terrific D. And the Browns are just pathetic.

BUCS +7 over Giants More of a hunch because the Giants are on the road again a week after a big win in Dallas.

Redskins -6.5 over LIONS The Redskins are bad but I just can't take the Lions.

Packers -7 over RAMS No way the Pack doesn't kill the Rams after losing last week.

49ers +6 over VIKINGS I think the Vikes will win outright but it will be tight. The 49ers actually look decent and can run the ball.

Falcons +4.5 over PATRIOTS If I were a Pats fan I would be pretty worried about this team right now. Brady does not look right and the Falcons would love to make a statement by winning this one.

SEAHAWKS +1.5 over Bears Last week Cutler was up so this week he should be down.

Saints -4 over BILLS Despite almost beating the Pats ansd then beating the Bucs, the Bills still stink. Drew Brees throws at least 5 TD's this week.

CHARGERS -6 over Dolphins I don't know just how bad the Chargers are yet but I do know how big a drop off Miami will have this year after their surprise run last year.

Steelers -4.5 over BENGALS The poor Benglas catch Big Ben after a bad road loss.

Broncos -2.5 over RAIDERS This line should be about 7, not 2.5. I'm telling you the Broncos are winning this division. And going 4-0 vs. the Raiders and Chiefs to do it.

Colts +2.5 over CARDS Hard to bet against Peyton on a Sunday night game. Also betting on the over (48.5).

Panthers +9.5 over COWBOYS When is everyone going to realize Tony Romo and company are considered stars just because they have Stars on their helmets?

2 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, September 28, 2009, Blogger mix tape said...

Wow you're pretty much batting .500 when it comes to picks!

I was 13-2 yesterday, however the Vikings had to win by 4 so I lost my meager bet :-(

 
At 9:04 AM, September 30, 2009, Blogger Skeelo said...

1 game over .500 through 3 weeks. I'm obviously hoping to imrpove.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home